Creating Healthier Masculinities is a program within the AMS Sexual Assault Support Centre (SASC) which recognizes the role that some forms of masculinity play in perpetuating gender-based violence. By promoting education and advocacy, and by initiating?leadership within male-identified culture, Healthier Masculinities strives to establish an inclusive community empowered against sexism, gender-based and sexual violence, and other intersecting forms of oppression.
We are now accepting applications for January 2018!
- Current UBC student
- Passionate about changing campus culture and sexual assault prevention
- Willing to learn more about sexual assault, consent and how they intersect with gender in our university
- Keen on raising awareness on campus about sexual assault
- Comfortable working within a team
- Can commit to all training sessions, meetings, and educational opportunities
- Empathetic, non-judgmental and anti-oppressive
- Education and training on leadership, anti-oppression, sexual assault, consent and a wide variety of other topics
- Meeting and volunteering with like-minded peers who are also interested in raising awareness about gender and sexualized violence
- Team building and self-care activities
- Meals provided at volunteer training and meetings
- Volunteer appreciation event
- A letter of reference upon successful completion of the SASC volunteer requirements, provided at the discretion of your supervisor
- Attendance at all of our volunteer meetings and volunteer training opportunities
- Contribute a minimum of 6 hours per month towards outreach (monthly meetings count as 2 hours)
- Active collaboration in planning and facilitating outreach and events, including “Let’s Talk: Masculinity” Open Houses and tabling
- Optional opportunities to co-facilitate workshops on masculinity and consent at UBC
This position is open to students of all gender identities and expressions. We especially encourage masculine-identifying students to get involved!
Please submit your completed application form and your current resume by 5:00pm on Sunday, January 14th, 2018 via email to sascmasculinities[at]ams.ubc.ca?or drop it off in person at the SASC office (Nest 3127).